Ceramic Densification is a thermo-chemically formed ceramic coating for the provision of corrosion protection on chrome plated surfaces. IHS has adopted this process into it’s hydraulic cylinder design and repairs.
A chemical slurry is applied to the chrome plated surface and fired at a low temperature. When heated a chemical reaction forms a Cr2O3 bond with the substrate. This process fills and seals the inherent micro-cracks and porosity found in hard chrome plating. A chemical bond is formed underneath the plating on subsequent firings.
- Corrosion protection
- Increased hardness
- Reduced friction
- Wear resistance
- Increased seal life
- No measurable build up on top of the existing plating
- Increases plating life by 4 to 10 times in most corrosive environments
- Resistant to thermal cycling/shock
- Enables repairs to the rod (Other processes harden the parent material)
- Oil and gas
- Bores up to Ø600mm & 8m long
- Rods up to Ø500mm & 8m long
To enquire about this product simply fill out the form in the Product Enquiry tab below or click the Add to Quote button and list your requirements in the Order Notes field. One of our sales team will be in contact to discuss your requirements.